Director of Finance
Contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks for the organization.
- Manages financial planning and analysis functions for large and mid-size companies, including management over budgets, forecasts, multiple year plans and executive presentations.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including Charitable Status, Withholding Payments (CPP, EI), Income Tax, Goods and Services Tax, Employer Health Tax.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the Board’s Audit Committee and the external auditors as necessary.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts.
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy.
- Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
- Oracle, Hyperion, PeopleSoft, Essbase, Great Plains, Crystal Reports.